Things you will need-
A glass jar, glow, rubber gloves to protect your hands, scissors, I recommend protective eye-wear, and a piece of tulle (optional).
- If you are using the tulle, cut a piece slightly larger than the jar, and place inside.
- Now, put on those rubber gloves. Crack the glow stick to active the glow material. Insert the end of the glow stick into the jar and cut the tip. It’s important to do this step with the glow stick in the jar as to avoid splashing, remember that you are working with chemicals. There is also a glass vile inside the plastic tube and that glass break when you crack the stick. So best to keep all the tiny glass bits contained within your jaR
- Next, stir and shake the cut glow stick around inside your jar. You will need some patience for this part, as it doesn’t just flow out easily. In some instances, the glow material may get clogged due to a large piece of glass that didn’t break. I disposed of these sticks and used a new one, for safety reasons.
- Once you have the desired amount of glow material in your jar, replace the lid and shake it up. I used about 3 bracelet size sticks per jar.
Now turn off the lights and watch them glow!
What you need to make these adorable vases:
Painting mask, 1 Apron (or clothes you don’t care about in case you get paint on you), 1 Glass bottle (or Mason jar), 4 or more rubber bands (various sizes), 1-2 Bottles of spray paint (different colors) 2 colors is best, Some Cardboard or newspaper
- (If you are using a jar without a label, you can skip this part) First, if you are using glass bottles that have labels on them, you need to get them off. I got mine off by soaking them in water for 30 minutes. Then scrape the label off (you can use a sturdy plastic lid or something) It will probably leave some residue. To get the residue off, just put baby oil on a cotton ball; and it will rub off. (This you need to do for both designs)
- Wrap your rubber bands around your glass jar however you want (whatever pattern you want)
- Lay out your cardboard (or newspaper) and put your glass jar on it. Now spray your jar with the paint.
- If you are going to make the one with 2 different colors. Then after you get off the labels spray paint it with your bottom color. Let dry. After you put the bottom color on, put your rubber bands on randomly and spray your second color on top. Before you take off the rubber bands, wait for the second coat to dry.
- Now just take the rubber bands off of both designs and you’re done. It makes a beautiful decoration. (If you are using mason jars, I suggest painting them white and later putting a candle in them it looks really pretty.)