Thou mustn’t knew these facts before making an acquaintance to this article.
Ever thought about the longest possible word? Or maybe the most used word in 2015? We worked for you on that! Here are some of the most interesting facts about words.
1) Rhythms; the 7 letter word is the longest word possible without using any vowel.
2) Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis; is the longest word in English as per Oxford dictionary. It’s meaning is “supposed lung disease”.
3) Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia; is a medical condition in which a person is afraid of long words.
4) Most used word of 2015: 😂
That’s right – for the first time ever, the Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year is a pictograph: 😂, officially called the ‘Face with Tears of Joy’ emoji, though you may know it by other names. There were other strong contenders from a range of fields, outlined below, but 😂 was chosen as the ‘word’ that best reflected the ethos, mood, and preoccupations of 2015
5) “I.”; is the smallest sentence possible in English language.
6) “Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt”.
Don’t believe us? Search the dictionary.
7) Longest name of any place: Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwenuakitnatahu. It’s the name of a hill in New Zealand.
8) There are only four words in the English language which end in “-dous” — tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
So, here comes the person wiser-than-before! 😉